Friday, August 5, 2016

Oh the Mustard Seed...........................

WOW - what a week the devil has thrown on me! (GROWL) - As I read the first words of today's devotion "I'm no quitter!" -- I literally laughed out loud!  This week I have allowed the devil to convince me I'm a failure - that numbers on a piece of paper dictate my very existence as an educator and are what create value in my kingdom calling - what an idiot I've been. 

Then I read about the mustard seed and thought "Hey, that's me!" -- 

Matthew 13:31-32 “The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his field. Though it is the smallest of all seeds, yet when it grows, it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds come and perch in its branches.”
- See I had forgotten the kingdom of heaven is in me - GOD is in me - HE alone has a perfect plan for my life.  It's my job to feed and water that mustard seed of faith and stand back and watch HIM grow it......in me! Then hopefully, others (the birds) will come and seek out what it is in my life that causes this glorious growth and beauty that is JESUS...........
It reminded me of the song I sang as a child "He's still working on me, to make me what I ought to be.............." 
So when satan, working in the world around you, determines to make you feel defeated and a failure, remember - you are a work in progress - be stubborn (persistent) for the KINGDOM calling GOD has placed on you and you will "move mountains" for GOD! 
Dear Father, 
I confess to You that my faith has been weak this week. Forgive me for giving in to doubts and fears. I know Your plan for me is certainty and hope!! Please help me face today with Your faith in my heart. Enable me to walk straight ahead through my fear, knowing You are with me. Remind me of the lives I have touched for Your kingdom through my years as an educator.  If Your will is for me to move on or stay put, let me have total confidence through faith that it is Your plan.  Today, I choose faith.
In Jesus’ name,
Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment